Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wintry trail and my waterfall

I am very happy to be nearing the end of my waterfall! You must be hoping for something new, as am I. There remains only to touch up a bit in the waterfall and in the very foreground water highlights.



I will add a thin batting with a very small amount of quilting and then a binding. My thoughts are already heading to my next piece. There may be more birch trees. I can’t help it, they are so pretty this time of year with the soft grey skies as backdrops. I am not done with them yet.



I was out for an hour on the trail yesterday breaking in a new pair of pricey North Face hikers. I never would have spent so much in younger days. Now, arthritis in my feet and replacement joints mean that I need the best. I never would have thought I’d ever walk so much again and I am taking advantage while I can!



I’m planning a longer hike on Saturday up on our Sentiers Mi’kmaq  trail that runs from here up to Mount Carlton in the center of the province. Nearly 150kms. We will meet nearby and drive a short ways to our starting point. The trail is well marked with the Mi’kmaq turtle symbol signs every km along the way. There is a Facebook page where we can share info and meet people to hike with. Amazing!

I made energy bites to take along as snacks.




The other thing I’m working on here and there is a small baby quilt top. Pattern found on Missouri Star Quilt co.



The center consists of 4, 16 patch blocks which will be set into the star and there will be a small border. I had such fun sewing strips that there enough for another quilt.

That’s my week so far. 

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Your waterfall is simply gorgeous Holly. Enjoy our hike.