Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The trail, knitting and a label

I’m getting ready today for our quick trip overnight tomorrow to visit our grandson on his 1st birthday. I made cupcakes per my daughters request, sugarless, sweetened with banana and coconut water. She will do a whipped cream topping.
Still, I had time after lunch for a nice hour walk along the trail which follows this stream.



I’m always attracted to colors:



And textures found in old growth:





And glassy reflections:



I’m packed - easy since it’s just a night away and I’ve been sitting here stitching a label on a quilt, a gift for my mom and her husband.



I have new socks on the go. They’re a habit for me. I like to knit in the car too.



This is a cowl/shawl that I just finished.


Next I want to do this sweater for Ollie in a soft grey merino wool.





There’s always something to do.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Have fun. I hope Ollie has a great first birthday. Is the sweater pattern on Ravelry?

PaintedThread said...

Have a fun trip. Those outdoor photos are beautiful - I love all the texture.

Mereknits said...

Your walk looks wonderful. Happy Birthday to darling Ollie.