Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Preparing workshop

I've spent a good part if this week getting ready for my mono orinting workshop this Saturday in Port Elgin, NB. The fact that its been cold, windy and rainy meant I had to stay in anyway. I had been enjoying getting started in my gardens. Last night, we even had some snow! At least I'm all prepared and can relax. I watched the movie, The Light Between Oceans, on Netflix. A bit of a tear jerker but very good. I ended up ripping out the last socks inwas workingon. The pattern was tight and they seemed small. I've restarted using another pattern which is working out well.
Then, last night, I cast on an infinity scarf that is plain knitting in the round using 209 stitches. It's a yarn with half cotton, half acrylic and would make a nice mid season scarf
I like to have something eady to travel with. There's been time for a little free motion play too. I stitched with black thread on six bookmarks cut from a loosely painted and printed large piece of canvas which I cut up to make various little projects.
It's almost used up, so I'll soon be due to paint another piece.  As im doing painting or printing projects, i continue to use my journal pages to print second orints or to clean off the brayer. Im finding the pages are fun to sketh on top off or to write quites that I find interesting.
I liked this description if the seashore in my most recent book, A Piece of the World, by Christina Baker.  This is a gelatin monoprint that i tested on a journal page.
And this is anither 'clean off' the Gelli page which is imperfect but will appeal to me in the future and spark an idea for finishing or writing.
Now, im going to get ready for the pool.  Im wishing you a great week and weekend. I will try to have some workshop pics next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use the bookmark you sent me, daily. The new ones are lovely. So many wonderful projects on the go. Good luck this weekend. You'll be great!!!