Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fabric, latest book, and socks

Yesterday, I made an unexpected trip to Moncton with my son's fiancé's mom and two dogs. They were in a kennel here near family while the couple was away in Dominican. Once we met up with Josee Anne and handed over the grand puppies we proceeded to do a few errands--a quilt shop and Michael's for starters. The female standard poodle was pretty happy to see her mom and get home. And no she wasn't drinking the wine!
 
At the Fabric Cupboard in Moncton, I picked up a few sale cottons which I will use in baby quilts.
I also found a nice batik that I plan to use as narrow sashing strips to join all my birds and nests together.
It was a productive day. We stopped at Costco last which is like a marathon for me and headed home. Today, although it was beautiful out, I was too tired to snow shoe. I had physio this morning, I mixed up a batch of bran muffins, and I organized my samples for the program I'm doing at guild tonight. This is my current book. Excellent!
I have one of each sock done and have the second two on the needles. For sone reason I'm enjoying switching back and forth. The patterned ones look small, but they do have quite a stretch.
Tomorrow is looking to be a bit nasty weather wise--even rain forecast for up here, yuck. I don't have anywhere that I have to go at least. Except when I can get out, I need an iron. My fairly new one quit on me today as did my kitchen radio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love seeing the grand puppies. Your new fabric is lovely and I adore the sashing fabric for the birds. Your socks make me want to learn to knit.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Sounds like a very busy day! Lovely material! I too find Costco a chore.