Sunday, February 26, 2017

Chickadees and doodling-- a new APP

I love quiet Sundays, don't you? Of course I know I'm lucky that I'm no longer working and I don't have all the stressof Getting ready for the work week. My main tasks now are to support my husband in his work until he retires and to look after my own health. This morning, hubby and I had a nice breakfast over the paper-- he reads, I do the crossword. He makes the best poached eggs! Afterwards, went for a walk and we went to visit his parents. On our way home we bought an infant baby seat for our car! My daughter bought the same one and let us know it was on sale at Canadian Tire and that there were two in our store. Now I really feel like a grand patent! Here is Ollie trying out his new seat in his dad's car in Charlottetown.
Back in my studio later this afternoon, I added some color to my chickadee monoprints using Neocolor II crayons and a wetted brush. Stitching comes next.
P
I will iron interfacing to the back before thread painting.
When I'm not in my studio, I may be sitting with my knitting, especially while watching tv.
I've got two different socks on the go, switching back and forth on a whim, lol. My sofa corner gets a little crowded! Yesterday, I discovered a new APP called Amaziograph for $1.39. I usually go for free ones, but couldn't resist it. This is a page of some of the designs I started with.
I took a screen shot. You get the idea. It's very simple to use and addictive. As easy as as touching your finger to the screen and moving it. You'll see more this week. I've emailed myself I few designs that I will print out to play with. I can see them for stamps, stencils, screens and even hand or machine stitching designs. Are you having a nice Sunday?
 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your Chicadees. I have them year round at my bird feeder and love watching them.

That Ollie is so cute!!

Mereknits said...

Wonderful work Holly. Love that sweet baby in that seat!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect Sunday.

Linda H said...

Wow, that APP looks like fun. I might have to check that out. Might make some neat mq designs...