Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Canada 150 charity blocks

I often wonder what one would do all day without hobbies. Reading can only take up so much time. Yesterday, I was lucky to have a friend take me to see the surgeon and get my stitches out. Yippee, now I can shower. Still no driving or using the arm for another month. I will start physio with passive exercise only. I'm happy to be patient, well let's saying doing my best, because the doctor said the outcome should be good. After my appointment, we met another friend for lunch and visited Walmart. That took up half the day at least. This morning, I put a roast pork into the crock pot with a homemade sort of barbecue sauce. I decided I'd like to roast a pan of veggies instead of adding them to the pot. I've been cutting them left handed a bit here and there all morning.
I also did a wash and  hung it downstairs. Not very exciting but I'm happy to find an activity I can do. Yesterday, I walked in the sub division since it was so beautiful. Today, I've decided to stay inside. It's damp and gray. After lunch, I finished up one block for quilts that our guild is making for Ronald McDonald house using the Canada 150 fabric as the focus fabric. I started the second one.
It feels good to be able to do something although I can't do it for long as the sling tends to strain the back a bit when sitting at the machine. I can always rest and go back to it. I've now got all the mistakes fixed- and there were several- and got another block almost together in the Trip Arounf the World blocks.
I can get the rest of the strip sets together as they're all cut. After that, I'm hoping to bribe a friend into cutting them up for me. I think twenty blocks finishing at 12" and I'll add borders. I've saved the best for last. A pic of my grandson, first thing this morning. My daughter said he's a morning person like her. Definitely not me!
 

7 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Sounds like you are doing great, Holly! Good on you being patient and working as you can. I also have no idea how people manage when they have nothing to occupy their time. I barely have time or patience to sleep with my long list of ongoing projects and activities. And I love your header! Great photo of you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And then there are the rest of us, obsessed by our hobbies. I think the people without hobbies are very social and need to be around other people all the time. Give me silence and solitude and I'm a happy camper.

That looks like a contented baby!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely additional Trip around the World blocks, I love this pattern done scrappy! Pleased you're now able to do a little more, it does feel good to get stitches removed. A lovely photo of your darling grandson, he looks pretty happy!!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Congratulations on getting your stitches out! I love my hobbies, not sure what I would do without them.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing so well and accomplishing all you can. I'm not a morning person either....lol.

LynneP said...

What an ADORABLE grand baby! Lucky you!

Laurel's Stitches said...

I just LOOOVVE your trip around the world!

Keep positive! (how could you not with that adorable cutie!)