Sunday, January 8, 2017

A domestic kind of day

After breakfast out with hubby and then groceries, I got a seafood stew made for supper. It's basically the same as starting a chowder except with a few different veggies and stewed tomatoes instead of milk. Paprika, turmeric and saffron are good herbs for this combo.
Then, I took the time to clean out the fridge a bit of leftovers and I made a red pepper hummus using chick peas I'd cooked this week.
Once that was done and my bed linens were in the wash, I headed to my sewing studio. I did a bit of a clean up and it cane to my attention how many pieces I have underway. 
I've got to make an effort after my shoulder recovery to finish up some things! Before my surgery, I really wanted to try out some stitching on the layered monoprint. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's really growing on me. Kind of excited!
I'm using silk threads in different colors, green for the printed ferns and plum for the Queen Anne's lace. You can see in the following some lace as yet unstitched compared to the stitched one.
It better be a speedy recovery so I can get back to it soon! And here's my Ollie pic. I now understand the love of a grand parent. It is so different than as a mom. Oh so very special.
 

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

That baby is just gorgeous.