Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Back home

I arrived home last night form my first, I think, successful trunk show. I stayed pretty organized, managed to tell a few amusing stories and seemed to inspire some of the quilters. I stayed with a friend from some 30 or so years ago where we used to live. We had a lovely visit with lots of gab and I was treated to some good food. It's funny how the years can slip by, you can meet with old friends and it seems as if no time has passed.

My host took me to a small quilt shop and I also visited a new yarn shop, Cricket Cove, before I left the city. I picked up the bunny pattern along with the wool as well as two baby balls of sock yarn.

The little socks are so fun to knit!

The painter arrived first thing this morning to do my bedroom. Once I got him organized, I picked up a friend and went to the pool for some gentle exercise.

After lunch, I potted up a few tomato plants. These are some of my seedlings inside the sliding door in the dining room.

The larger ones in the foreground are different kinds of squash.

Some of the tomatoes that I potted on the right.

I also edged and churned up the spot where I have some sunflowers against the fence. This year I'm putting in a few hollyhocks that I've started. A blogger friend was kind enough to send me some of her seeds when I commented on how much I loved them.

Having done the first coat, the painter has left, so I'm resting with my usual heat and ice.

It's not quite showing the true color and it's only the first coat, but I like it.

On Friday, I'm heading out again to visit family on PEI. Between travelling and gardening, I'll have a hard time to squeeze in any fiber art in the next few weeks.

And on top of that, I'll be working on another article which will require som prep work that I can't show. Forgive me if posts will be a bit slim in the next few weeks.

I hope you having a nice week and that you're enjoying the outdoors no matter where you are.

 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Do enjoy your trip away to Prince Edward Island, you will be ready for a relax after potting and gardening!

Anonymous said...

I had complete confidence that the trunk show would go well so I'm pleased to hear that you're happy with it. You've been a busy bee and I hope the trip to PEI is an enjoyable one. LOVE the rabbit and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Mereknits said...

Have a wonderful time away, so glad you are feeling better and up for another trip. Your trunk show sounds like a big success.
Hugs,
Meredith