Thursday, January 21, 2016

Winter sunshine on the trail, a little Gelli print

I could have gotten a little more sewing done today, but when the trail beckons and I think I can walk, I have to go. This morning, I sewed a few more blocks for the baby pinwheels and then I took a friend for lunch.
It was so nice out. As it's been a  while since we had a fresh snow, I knew that the trails would be packed down now I thought it was the perfect time to take the camera and walk in a few hundred meters. Just far enough to feed the chickadees and feel really in the country.



I'd like to sketch this sometime.


I've been dreaming of a time when I could get out again and this says I am here; I am alive!



I'm trying to follow my friend's advice and live for today, forget about what could be to come and what my limitations will be. Today, I walked into the woods and breathed wild air. I walked at turtle speed; perfect since i chose turtle as my totem for the year.

Dried seed heads are so pretty etched against the sparkly white snow.

Here are my favourite 'pom poms' against the winter greyed trees in the background.


In spring, I'm going to have to venture in and find out what this bush is called.

And later this afternoon for a little creative play, I experimented with a Gelli leaf print. I'm attempting to make the leaves look as if they're frozen into ice.



3 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

is that tiny pine coney looking thing an alder tree? http://oregonstate.edu/trees/broadleaf_genera/alder.htm

Mereknits said...

I am so glad you were able to get out and be with nature, I know you need that.
Hugs,
Meredith

Peggy said...

What a beautiful day, Holly -- your connection with Nature is always inspiring. I'm interested in your journey with turtle as your totem!