Monday, January 25, 2016

Pinwheel baby quilt, a sketch

The weekend was beautiful and sunny and continued into today, even warming up to about -3C. Yesterday, I actually put on my skates for the first time in a few years! The ice on the lagoon at the beach is about a foot thick and pretty smooth. Thanks to little snow so far this year, it makes for good skating.

I was pretty shaky and unbalanced at first but did manage to puty around for a while as hubby went back and forth.

It's smelt fishing time on the ice again and I love getting out to photograph the shanties. They're not quite as colourful this year, hoping there'll be more.

I've been a bit taken with my shadow lately. Maybe it's something to do with how 'removed ' from life I've been feeling. It seems to affirm my existence and confirm to me that I'm improving little by little and getting out there.

I enjoy sketching the shanties and will probably do another fiber piece featuring them.

I had a few errands to do today and so just had time to get most of the blocks done for the baby quilt. I have two blocks left on the bottom corners; they're thrown up in random order. It will come down so I can trim the blocks before arranging them and putting it together.

Next, I have to do another one. Since I need it sooner and it's all cut, I will start it later this week. Tomorrow I'm off to another doctor's appointment in Moncton. I'm also going to the pain clinic. Looking forward to that.

 

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice quilt, Holly. You are much braver than me...I am scared to put skated on now.

Linda H said...

I haven't skated in years. After a few falls in the last few years and some shoulder damage, I'd be leary...
I'm LOVING this baby quilt.... :)