Saturday, January 23, 2016

Free motion quilting in my sunny window

It is the perfect kind of winter day-- cool, but sunny with no wind. I went out this morning to do a couple of errands and to make a little walk downtown to the yarn shop and to an antique shop with a friend. A bit of fresh air, some chat, and a wee bit of exercise. Of course we each came back with some sock yarn to add to the stash.

At lunch I got a pot of Morocan lentil soup going. Lots of yummy spices went into it: cinnamon, cumin, allspice, coriander and paprika.

The afternoon was left to head into the sunny studio where I started machine quilting the tree to some classical piano that I brought up on the I Pad.

It was so relaxing that I kept going. The bright view through the window and the music kept my hands moving.

I quilted all the background and started adding some of the spindly alders in the front

Next time I hope to add some sparkly frosty highlights and a few snowflakes.

My latest knitting endeavour is another owl hat in a variegated Noro yarn, this time for me. The buttons will help to define the owls. The only thing I need to do is take it back to where I started the decrease as I think I need a few more rows to add to the length.

I did this baby sweater a while ago. It's going to get mailed off Wednesday as a gift to a nephew's first born. I need to replenish the stock and get going on baby quilts too.


I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

 

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

This owl had is just a wonderful colour - can already see the owls there even without their eyes.
I wish we had weather a little cooler, so terribly hot and humid here almost impossible to think about quilting.

Mereknits said...

It sounds like a perfect day.
Hugs and stay warm,
Meredith

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

A productive day, Holly....love the tree piece

elle said...

What a fantastic tree!!!

Linda said...

A perfect stitching day! Love the little sweater. so cute!