Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Thread lace foliage

Instead of a sketch with my tea this morning, I did a few rows on the shawl That I started last night. It's a painted cotton yarn, worsted weight. I've misplaced the label.

 

This afternoon, I had an errand and an appointment to get a prescription, so I didn't have time to get into the central birches in my latest piece.

It's so nice to have the two machines set up. I did a little sewing repair and then I put together one more crazy patch.

On my other machine that is set up for free motion, I worked on some thread lace that I will cut apart and use in the background for foliage. I'll do an all over meandering layer with the dark green and then switch to a lighter green.

Frustrating! I'm using an APP on my I pad as I write this and it won't upload my last photos. There, I got one.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Jo Ferguson said...

The yarn colour is beautiful. Great crazy quilt block. Are you doing the thread lace, just on the tulle, or is there a water soluble stabilizer under there?

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely colours in your shawl, it is good to have two machines set up I have my everyday sewing one in a fitted cabinet and the newer one which I use for quilting mainly but if I have two quilts on the go (usually) I can use either.

Laurel's Stitches said...

I love your ability to put colours and patterns together, Holly. I have so much to learn from people like you. Your work is gorgeous.

Margaret said...

I'm interested in your FMQ on netting. Is there a light stabilizer under it, or just the hoop for stability? I can envision the results, and bet they'll be just right for the piece in question!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Lovely colours on your shawl and on your CQ block. Having 2 sewing machines set up to do either or on would be ideal.