Monday, May 4, 2015

Thread Lace Foam 

I know I've been neglectful of my presence here. It is not that I have been too busy although there are a few more things to do in the yard with the at long last warmer spring weather. I can't work for too long, dividing up chores into little bits like unwrapping two trees and picking up a few twigs each day.

My fiber Art pieces are always on my mind. I'm often let in a dream state thinking about how next to approach a section.

I'm just going through a bit of a lull in my energy. One must go with the flow. And so, I sat down for a few minutes at my machine to free motion stitch more white frothy thread lace that I want to use for the top of the wave.



I did make some lace last week, but then thought it might need some darker under shadows for dimension. Not sure about it, we'll see. 


Can you see the birch trees outside my window that are reflected in the glass insert below?


It's only a tiny bit of work but at least I feel like I did something!

Now, I'm going to make a cup of tea to take out onto the sunny deck. It's finally warm enough.

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the mix of colours in your lace and was interested to see you are doing it on tulle, which I guess would be easier than using the usual water soluble stuff.

Mereknits said...

IT is really so amazing what you do with fabric and thread.
Hugs,
Meredith

Threadpainter said...

Don't you just hate it when there is a 'lull' in your creative energy ? !! But, just playing helps a lot ... soon Wave will be finished and better for the little break you have had to take from it !