Saturday, July 19, 2014

Colored pencil sketch and the beach

Wow, we are having a string of fantastic summer weather! I can enjoy it even more that we have the air conditioning to come home to; I run it at about 24C and not continuously so it's not shocking when you come in. Just cool enough for comfort.
My husband went off to a golf tournament today so I packed for the beach.
I did a tiny drawing of seaweed with breakfast.

I stopped at the market for some fresh berries and fresh strawberry goat cheese on my way to my in laws.
I've been nursing a knee injury for about 6 weeks and haven't been able to get into my kayak but I managed it today!

I'm sitting a top it on shore here. You get the idea though, and sorry about that tippy horizon. Does it make you a bit seasick?
The water was beautiful true to its name, The Baie de Chaleurs.

From my backyard I picked a few fresh flowers and now I've flopped on my sofa at home with a tea, my I Pad, and an ice pack.

1 comment:

Susan Sawatzky said...

Holly, I love your blog. I've been following for awhile now. I'm a quilter too, live in Port Townsend, WA.

What prompted me to finally write is the kayak mention. How difficult is it to learn kayaking? It is something that interests me but at 71 I'm not sure I'm agile enough.

I have some photos at flickr.com/photos/gourdgal if you are interested.

Susan