Monday, May 26, 2014

Auditioning borders, thread sketching tulips

This morning I got my housework done for the week, so now I can forget about it and move on to some fun things!
First up this afternoon, I added a few wispy stems to the flowers. Now I'm auditioning possible fabrics for the borders. I think I've decided to use the crazy patch blocks on the corners along with a batik in between. The color I want is the top one shown above but I do not have enough. I'm hoping I'll find something Friday when I go out of town to visit a quilt shop. It is just the right shade of pink.
Since I can't go any further on that piece, I sandwiched my tulip runner and started the free motion quilting by quickly thread sketching in black outlines.
I like the definition that the black thread gives it.
I'd like to tell you about a second blog that I have just started. I've been thinking about it for a while, especially since December when I developed neuropathic pain that was intense and just wouldn't quit. I want to write my experience with chronic illness and pain, in hopes of networking with others. I want it to be a place of mutual experience and hope. I know there must be others going through similar things. Sharing takes the weight off. Perhaps we might learn something too.

No comments: