Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thread painting in black

I'm not sure how much I like this piece. It's not meant to be a work of art, just a little something for me to dabble at while I'm still going through my health issues.
I like the colors and the sketchy black outlines though. The plan is to add a small plain border and then some batiks to make a small table runner. I enjoy looking at the fern one I made for my coffee table. It's a useful bit of creativeness that makes me happy.

Sorry for the shadows. It's still on my sewing machine. I'm just so excited to be doing a little something. Haven't resolved any of the itching and burning symptoms-- I'm just trying to get through my days without totally losing it!

3 comments:

sdBev said...

Oh I like this. Love the whole paint and then stitch process and effect.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the black thread stitching. Hope you get to the bottom of the health issue soon.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Distraction is a good coping method. Losing yourself in your art work is a great way to do it. I think the detail of the flower blossoms is really pulling this piece together.