Friday, March 14, 2014

Lest you might think that I've deserted my blog, I popped in for a quick visit with not much to show. Since my last post, I've unpacked and re packed boxes with my daughter and come down with a cold. She had planned to leave yesterday for a trip to the states but had to rebook until this morning due to the huge storm we got.
I've just plopped down on the sofa with tea, the I Pad and my book. Just look at that snowdrift on my back deck!

We got about 40 cm with wind. There is nowhere left to shovel it.

At least the sun is shining today. I managed a frustrating half hour getting my machine set up with the variegated rayon thread. Satisfied that it's going to work for the stippling on my little bag, I left it on the machine for another day.

As for the rest of this afternoon, I'm going to sip tea, read and nurse my cold. I'm thinking about looking for my tomato seeds to get them started next week. Surely winter will be over soon.

3 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Good luck with your cold, Holly! I am just starting to feel human again after over two weeks of this nonsense. I don’t get colds often so am a lousy patient.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Variegated rayon thread, I haven't worked with it, using mostly black in my thread sketching. What do you like about using it?

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Woah!! That is some snow!