Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas week

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. I've been cocooned within my family and thinking of nothing else. My sewing studio was occupied but I did do one more arrowhead block last week just to see how they might fit together. I'm trying to make up my mind on a pattern for my next quilt that I will take to my UFO days.

It was the first Christmas in a while when all 3 of my children were home.  We had a great week, but oh my, it does fly by doesn't it!
One of the cutest and favorite gifts was this sock monkey hat that I knit for my daughter. She has a monkey costume that she dresses up in over in Korea and her kids call her monkey. They'll get a kick out of the hat.

It seems like it's been snowing forever! Each of my 3 arrived amidst storms which did cause me some stress. The departures have been somewhat better. It's the first Christmas in a while with this much snow down so we've been out snow shoeing a couple of times. Yesterday, we went with my youngest son and my daughter.
It was quite magical with the snow drooping and dripping off the tree boughs. My daughter is such a goof!
 My son is serious like his dad.
 I missed getting pictures when we were out with my oldest son and his wife because we dint think to take a good camera. My youngest took a few panoramics with his I phone. It takes a nice picture.
Today, my youngest son left to drop my daughter in Fredericton where she will, weather permitting, start her journey back to Korea tomorrow night. We were sad but not overly so as she is returning to Canada in early March.
I've been thinking about my next bit of art and what it shall be. I printed out a couple of bluejay photos and have been thinking of trying to do something with them. I'm still in the thinking mode, not quite sure how I will do them - collage, paint, thread painting or perhaps a bit of each. My husband has this week off though, so I'll be spending time with him getting outdoors as much as we can. There may be a trip to Moncton and a fabric shop in store as well.
Happy New Year! We plan to spend it quietly, perhaps a movie on the eve and a snowshoe on New Year's Day. Perfect.


3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas Holly..Happy New Year!! We managed to snow shoe a little yesterday; was nice.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Looks wonderful! Your hat is adorable, and I wish you all the best in the coming new year. Grateful for your friendship miss holly! Xo

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely family Christmas...just the way it should be!