Monday, September 30, 2013

Some Gelli prints

I was having one of those days where I woke up dazed and feeling hungover. You know the ones, right? My allergies have been bothering me in the form of itchiness that worsens as the day goes on. Even though I'm tired and sleepy at bedtime of course it was driving me crazy, so I got up and took Benadryl and then even later a half sleeping pill.
This morning, I decided to go easy on myself. I walked to the coffee shop to meet some friends. By the time I got home and hung out the wash, it was lunch time. On the weekend I thought about doing some fabric painting and printing today, but changed my mind this afternoon.
I went into my studio and thought I'd just do a bit of mindless traditional piecing. When I started clearing my cutting table a bit and I pulled out a few pieces of collaged and thread stitched Gelli prints that I had started last spring and threw them up onto my design wall.

When I last played with them, I couldn't seem to settle on an arrangement, do I left them. I even used some for bags over the summer.
I started stitching a few pieces together and rearranging.

There will be more changes before it all goes together, but I think I'm getting it finally. I got totally absorbed in the process. That's what it's all about isn't it?
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

elle said...

Processing! YAY!!!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Yes! Looking good, too��

imquilternity said...

Exactly. It's looking wonderful. Sometimes, it just takes stepping away for a little while, doesn't it?