Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The best day, painting and thread painting.

Oh, I love these kinds of days! It's sunny and warm but not too warm or humid, comfortable. I was lazy about getting up and going this morning. I'm always tired after a trip. I Skyped with my daughter who's in S Korea and then I walked to the coffee shop to meet some friends.
Before lunch, I started an exercise from Alicia Burke's online Summersketch course. The topic is 'whimsical' which something a bit out of my comfort zone, but I had a go at it. I see some changes I could make to it. Perhaps I'll try this again. It's fun.

At lunchtime I mixed up a small potato salad from PEI potatoes and made some zucchini patties to cook for dinner.
I pulled out one of my Gelli prints from the spring, backed it with stabilizer, added some Neocolor II crayons, and a bit of free motion stitching.

This is going to be another small zippered pouch. They're fun to do and I'd like to have some on hand for gifts.
I'm thinking the fabric on left might be good for the back of the bag.

I'm linking to the Needle and Thread Network.

4 comments:

~Carla~ said...

So unique & creative! I do l love that fabric next to it! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I love the fabric you picked Holly! And your painting is fabulous

Linda said...

Looks great Holly.

Wendy said...

Lovely paint/sketch...another great one would be water,beach,sea shanties and gulls.
Your zippered bags are so pretty. Great fabric choice...the shapes echo tulip petals.