Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Another zippered pouch

This is going to be a busy week for me. I'm taking a 2 day natural dyeing workshop starting later this afternoon and all day tomorrow. Then I'll have 2 days to rest and pack for our trip to Lunenburg NS to visit my son and wife.
This morning I started with a relaxing cup of tea and the crossword while waiting for the wash To finish up and hang it out. Then I made muffins with fresh rhubarb from the garden.
I was looking for a little sewing project and pulled out another Gelli print to free motion stitch. I added a touch of color with Neocolor II crayons on the flower blossom and then thread.

I added the Shiva Paintsticks to the flower centres.

This is going to be another zippered pouch. I still having fun using up prints from my stash. It will also be nice to have them set aside for future gifts.
I've chosen and sandwiched the back fabric as well.

4 comments:

Gill said...

This is gorgeous Holly!
I look forward to hearing about your dyeing workshop!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Nice bag fabric! I am curious - who are you taking the natural dyeing course with? Is it focused on wool or natural fibres in general?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your rhubarb muffins sound good!
How long do you let the Shiva paintstick flower centers dry/cure before you can work on it again?

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

These individually designed pouches must be popular.