Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Postage stamp quilt

I'm back from our two day retreat. I've eaten, soaked and mostly unpacked. There were seven of us and as usual, we had fun, ate lots of good food and sewed all day and half the night. Well OK, I made it to nearly 10 PM, a first for me, I think.
I took a couple of pictures on my camera which I haven't uploaded yet.
The following is a rather grainy I Pad pic that I just took as it was getting dark.

I finished my 20 squares, (enough for me) with the postage stamp centered stars. The sashing and narrow border will be all in black. I have another border which I believe I will add a few flying geese to and I think that'll be it.
Since our guild sewing days and retreats are over until the fall, I think I will take the time to finish this quilt up in between doing bits of artwork.
I once read a blogger who coined the phrase 'schizophrenic quilter' and i think it would be apt for me.
So, hopefully you won't mind seeing a bit of a mix in the next little while. I promise to get a better picture once I've got the rows together too.

7 comments:

LynneP said...

Ooohhhhh, I like this!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This turned out great Holly!! I love the scrappy pattern.

elle said...

OH, I think it will be a wonderful quilt! Glad you did sew well!

imquilternity said...

It's lookin' good!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a neat idea having the postage stamps in the large centre square it looks great, I love it.

Linda said...

Awesome blocks!

Regina said...

Very nice blocks!