Monday, May 27, 2013

Machine quilting and adding lace

After meeting friends for coffee and getting some housework done this morning, I got down to work on my latest piece. I think I may call it Moonlit Garden.
I added a piece of lace on the left to balance out the bits of white. I plan to add some hand stitched details with the fibres pictured on top.

I've done 3/4 of the quilting done in a variegated green. For the final bits, I'm switching to a variegated pink.
I worked an hour today and then went for a walk.

Now, I'm going to grab a tea and see if I can finish the binding on my brother's quilt. I'm nearly there.

7 comments:

elle said...

The lace is a nice touch. It is coming along well!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

amazing how everything works so well together

Wendy said...

These pieces really do take on a life of their own don't they. You head out in one direction and it just takes you where it wants to go!

rtquilter said...

Nice , Holly! I am going to do some Gelli pieces over the next few days. It is a little less mess intensive than my general quilting :-)

What Comes Next? said...

This is a great piece! Love all the various textures and colours

Carli The Quilter said...

Great piece, looking forward to seeing the final project! Popped over from TNTN!

Regina said...

A visually very interesting piece!