Thursday, March 28, 2013

Trip Around the World

I'm off for an appointment at the occupational therapist this morning, and then to a friends for lunch and some sewing.
I was out most of yesterday, swimming and then tutoring, but I did make another couple of blocks for the scrappy Trip Around the World. This will be a project that I will do here and there in between art quilting so don't look for a speedy finish!

I've chosen to use up my black and white prints which won't have the impact of solid black. I think it will work though. What so you think?

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Holly, I think the block looks great with with your black and whites, I much prefer these to a solid black

elle said...

mine is languishing. I did use whites rather than blacks.

Kitchener Quilter said...

Your b&w's look terrific in there, they are a nice mix, maybe better than solids. I just saw your article in QA mag, and would like to try that can printing method sometime. You've gotten some terrific trees there.

imquilternity said...

I am loving your color and fabric choices. So different (and much more interesting) than so many I've seen in blogland (and including mine). It's really going to be a beauty when it's finished.