Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring wreath and my ocean scene

On the way home from my guild UFO day today, I stopped at a local department store to pick up a few things to make a spring wreath. I bought the twig wreath and three pieces of foliage for $17 and it took me 10 minutes to put it together. I used wire cutters to cut the stems apart and a small bit of hot glue.

I filled a basket for UFO today with all my hand embellishing paraphernalia including some ribbon, some beads and some threads.
Some of you might remember this piece that I'm revisiting. I had removed part of the binding and lifted the back (i always add a piece of fabric to cover the back when I'm done) so that I could add more embellishment.

I'm finally near to calling it done, just doing some beadwork.

I'm not sure if it's improved it or not, but I have had fun learning some new stitches. I've taken these photos with the I Pad. When I've completed the piece (again), I'll take some with my good camera.

5 comments:

Donna Joy said...

Very nice, did you add some shell beads, that would look great.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Both are wonderful Holly...I have to get a spring wreath out too. And the ocean piece is fantastic!! I spent the day with 4 of my sewing buddies; making a pillow cuff. one is a very new sewer; had a great day!!

elle said...

A spring wreath. What a great idea. Yours is wonderful and the added work on the sea piece is as well!

Kitchener Quilter said...

In my travels, I see wreaths all over people's front doors, with eggs and nests and flowers and such. I'm sure very few of them are made, like yours. Very creative, and pretty. Love your sea piece, the colours and the stitching make it quite attractive.

rtquilter said...

Really pretty Holly, as always! One quick question regarding the jelly prints from your article? Are the real Jelly plates cleanable and reusable like my GelliArts one? If so, how often can they be reused?