With the onset of spring, even though winter is having its last gasp this week, I've felt the need for a few changes in the house. Some of you may have noticed some of the sofa pillows with the botanical theme that have been featured at some sites on line.
I decided to pull out some scraps of linen and have a go at a couple. Maybe you'll recognize the motif from a sketch that I did this past winter. It's going to fit an 18 inch form.
I started off using a regular weight cotton thread in green but the impact was not what I wanted so I'm loosely stitching over it using a heavier top stitch thread. The only colors I could pick up here in town were black, white or ivory.
My second pillow will be on a mossy green linen so I may try the ivory thread.
I'm linking to the Needle and Thread Network.