Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Drawing and sewing

I finished stitching this zippered pouch that I started last week. It makes me happy to make something useful with my art.

This next picture one gives you an idea of its size. It's a lot bigger than the last one I made.

I've also been playing around with some doodles. Margaret Applin is making some screens for me.
You'll find her blog button on my sidebar.

Another thing on my sidebar is a picture of the April/May issue of Quilting Arts magazine where I have another article. I know, I sound so blasé! But believe me, it really is as exciting as the first one! I can't wait to see it!

9 comments:

Gill said...

What a great pouch Holly!
Please keep us posted on your doodles for Margaret - I haven't started mine yet!

imquilternity said...

Beautiful pouch... love the fabrics, colors, and quilting. I've been wanting to make one but haven't gotten around to it quite yet. Maybe this weekend...

elle said...

WOW! Congrats on the article. Wonderful bag. I really like the cross hatching. A custom screen from Margi is gonna be so cool. I'm green. LOL Good thing St. Patrick's Day is coming soon. Seriously good stuff. I need to think about seriously doodling. :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your zippered pouch is beautiful! Congratulations on getting published again.

Wendy said...

Great job Holly and congrats on the article!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Just lovely Holly....the bag and the drawing.

beth said...

LOVE your bag and how EXCITING to have an article published! Woo HOO!

Regina said...

Congrats on another published article! That pouch is lovely; I have been asked to make one for a daughter, must take care not to let her see yours as hers will be a lot less fancy .........

MarveLes Art Studios said...

cute bag holly! congrats on the article; looking forward to seeing it when i get my copy! xo