Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hand work

I've decided to do no more machine sewing right now since I'm preparing for retreat on Thursday. I'm going to be out on Wednesday, so I'll be spending the next couple of days, cutting fabric, packing, making squares and snacks and making lists so I hopefully won't forget anything.
So in the next few days, I'll be concentrating on hand work instead when I take a break.
This is a pair of socks that I'm knitting. I don't have a pattern to refer to. It was verbally passed on to me. Using sock yarn and your favourite sock pattern (you need a multiple of 4), you do 2 rows of stocking knit and 2 rows of knit 2, purl 2. You wouldn't think it would make such a nice texture.

At the same time, I'm finishing up another infinity scarf to go as a sample to our local knitting shop, The Spinning Wheel. It can be done in an evening, two for me because I alternate with my knitting as my arthritic fingers and wrist get sore when crocheting.
.

Finally, I'm re visiting some of my past work after being inspired by a book I ordered, Free Form Embroidery by Judith Baker Montano. She has so many rich, textured layers in her work, that I've decided to try out some different stitches while adding to my previously finished pieces. This postcard sized.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Each project is great...I do like the sock pattern.

kathy said...

And you knit too! I do, but I could NEVER make these fancy socks without a written pattern to follow. Very nice.

kathy said...

And you knit too! I do, but I could NEVER make these fancy socks without a written pattern to follow. Very nice.