Thursday, January 17, 2013

A little gift, a sketch and a the table runner

This morning I put together this little stuffed heart to be used as a gift. I've added a bit of stuffing. I think it would be great with a bit of lavender in it to be hung in a clothes or linen closet.

Immediately after lunch I went for my walk down the trail. It's supposed to get very cold by tomorrow and I'm pretty sure the temperature dropped while I was out. While I was anxious to get home to start piecing together the table runner, I took the time to relax and feed the chickadees.
I had time after that to get a few pieces cut and sewn together so I'm starting to see my idea come alive.

The section with the snowflakes will be in the centre. I will do roughly the same thing to each side. Tomorrow, I'll look for a backing fabric. I'm quite looking forward to the free motion quilting on this piece.
Next you can see it with the piece of velvet to the right. It will also be added with a curved seam.

In the evenings sometimes, I've been making a habit of sketching some of the bits I pick up on my walks. It's meditative and doesn't require a lot of energy.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Holly.....I love the snowflake runner...your sketching is just delightful

Margaret Applin said...

Love your drawing Holly!!! And your heart is sooo adorable!!