Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trees

I got the right side added on. It was my second attempt and I'm still not completely happy. I figure its time to absorb what I've learned and move on.

At the moment it is long and rectangular. I think I will add some more on each side so that I could use it in a bag. I have a friend who is going to make one for me in return for something I did for her. It would look good on a large bag that I would use to go to sewing days.
In the mean time, I've been drawing up a pattern for an appliqué chickadee which I would like to post on the day(November 20th) I will be featured in the blogathon.
See this post:

Blogathon Canada

Also, don't forget to check out the Needle and Thread Network for lots of fiber art blogs.

9 comments:

lej619 said...

I like it!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I think it's fantastic!!

Susan J Barker said...

Totally love the effect of the tree against its background...

Sam said...

I like this a lot. I think it will make a great bag.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love it. I didn't see anywhere about how big the piece was but I think it would make a lovely wall hanging.

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I love this!

Mrs.Pickles said...

very pretty!

Linda said...

Love your trees! Anxious to see what you make for your day on the hop.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! I will be curious to see your end result! I also look forward to seeing your chickadee pattern.