Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chickadee

I got so excited to finish the chickadee and add the binding that I forgot to add the backing and the hangers before sewing on the binding! Does anyone else do that?

I still have to hand stitch the binding to the back, so I cut the corner hangers and the backing and I'll tack them in as I stitch it down.
I felt that the background needed a little something. Using the bobbin work method, I stitched 3 snowflakes. The thread in the bobbin is quite heavy making it a bit of an imperfect process.
That's it for today. I'd like to keep working but I must get outside for some fresh air.
There are a couple of fall projects that I've almost finished; however, I'm considering sidelining them to start some Christmas sewing. It'll mean more UFO's though.

6 comments:

elle said...

The stitching and the snowflakes make a great background. Feels like spring here! lol

Robbie said...

The little guy turned out great!! Lovely piece!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Very cute little project! Love the whimsy of the polka dot binding!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Well; I can see why you got so excited!! That piece is beautiful....the background is gorgeous!

Linda said...

It's wonderful! I love it.

Sheila said...

I love it Holly , chickadees are so cute and your little art piece is perfect!