Monday, October 15, 2012

Some birches

Well, I gathered up my courage and cut the piece from yesterday in half vertically. Each piece will measure about 7 by 9 inches.
Before taking the rotary cutter to it though, I added a few more birches and their branches.
I think I might do the birches using two different techniques. I want to also try to thread paint some golden ferns in the forefront. For this I'm consulting one of my new books.
Machine Embroidered Flowers, Woodlands and Landscapes

I've just gotten started on the birch trees. I don't plan to stitch any of the background details.
Doing the trees with the zig zag is new to me, so I'm really not sure how it will end. But I always have the second one!

3 comments:

elle said...

Zig zagged birches! Brilliant!

Linda said...

Love what you are doing with this piece. So nice!

Wendy said...

Looks good so far. I agree with the zig zagged birches. Zig zagging gives a more rounded effect that mimics the roundness of the tree trunks. This is going to be quite pretty... way to go Holly!