Wednesday, July 4, 2012

more daisies

You may have noticed I haven't been posting as often as I usually do. I have been working on a quilt which I'm almost finished. Yeah! But, I can't show to you, darn!
Also, it has been very hot and humid here which hinders me somewhat. My son and his girlfriend were home on the long weekend, so it was busy. I can show you the second slightly larger daisy piece that I finished. The black and white border makes me happy although I think the white with black on the smaller daisy postcard is really the prettiest. I'm quite excited to have sold the Daisy Postcard to a fellow blogger. Everything I do is for the love of creating; selling is a bonus. When it goes to someone you know will appreciate that's even better!

Rain is coming our way sometime to-night, so I went out this morning and picked some flowers and cut some rhubarb for freezing as well. Just that bit of movement had me in a sweat! The pink lily was given to me by a friend. I think it makes the arrangement. And just look at those unopened blooms!

While I was out there, I took a picture of my apple tree garden and the clematis that is just beginning to bloom.
I'm linking to the Needle and Thread Network.

11 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely:) I took a look at the postcard too...just beautiful.

elle said...

Is it a Nelly Moser clematis? Mine are blooming. We had a thunder shower this morning and it has been hot and humid. Talk about sweating! I do like that black and white binding!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful work Holly...I just love your daisy piece. And your gardens are wonderful..Same weather here....it has been extrememly ot....I love it,but a little rain will be nice too...but just a little.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Beautiful flowers all the way around, Holly!! You're right, the pink lily makes it. Your garden is so sweet; what a lovely place. enJOY - it's still summer... for only --- a little while longer!!! LOL

felicity said...

Heat and humidity don't mix nicely with stitching, in my book. The last thing i want to do is sit under or near anything that might make me warmer! Lovely flowers, though! Happy WIP Wednesday!

Wendy said...

Lovely daisies. I stopped in the shop to see the other one too. The black and white binding seems to suit both and maybe just maybe they will end up living together... Your apple tree garden looks lovely,serene little oasis.

Susan J Barker said...

your apple tree garden looks like a wonderful retreat - out west we are all hoping for some warmer days, there have been very few days that even hit 20C but then I for one do not want to see 30C days! The daisies, my fav flower are very pretty...

Mrs.Pickles said...

so pretty!

Sheila said...

Your daisies are beautiful , love your work!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your flowers! I wish I could come by the shop!

imquilternity said...

OMgosh....your Clematis is gorgeous! I've tried growing them and I think I killed two or three before I gave up. Yours looks so natural climbing up that tree. What a lovely garden.