Wednesday, April 4, 2012

stitching leaves and tulips

By the time I finish this piece (it measures 12x14 inches), I'm sure you'll all be sick of seeing it! In my bit of sewing time this afternoon after my lap swim and lunch, I added some fused leaves and stitched them. I may still add a bit more shading to them.

Then I decided that a couple of the tulips might needed a little accent with a bronze metallic thread.

I still have some tulips to stitch and I'm thinking about how I should machine quilt the background above the the tulips. Any ideas? Should it be stippled, zig zag stippled, straight lines, leaves? I often have a difficult time to choose the background quilting design.

Also, I typically like to add some hand embellishments before I'm done, so this could take a while! I'll move on to another piece though once it gets to that stage.

4 comments:

fromCzech said...

Hello! Sorry for offtopic post. I have not my own blog but I am addictive flag collector. Can you visit my Flag counter to give me first flag of New Brunswick? Thank you very much!
http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/rGi/bg_FFFFFF/txt_000000/border_CCCCCC/columns_4/maxflags_240/viewers_3/labels_1/pageviews_0/flags_1/
Btw nice work! Greetings from Czech Republic

Gill said...

Holly I've loved watching this piece of work evolving - thank you for sharing it with us!

HollyM said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I keep going then.

elle said...

It looks okay to me. Why do you want to add more quilting?