Wednesday, March 7, 2012

sewing kit and some snow dyeing

Yesterday, I must have over done it a bit because my back bothered me in the night and even while I was swimming this morning. The hot tub felt good but it is still bothering me. I just finished putting together the little sewing kit and I'm going to take the heating pad and my book and stretch out for a bit.
These are the 2 pieces before I sewed it together. I cut pieces of wool from old felted sweaters. It works out nicely that the cuff goes at the top of the pocket.

I sewed it together and turned it right side out, only to realize that I had forgotten to sew in the hair elastic that was meant to be the closure. I'll either flip it back and insert it tomorrow or figure out a different method--maybe a snap.

Since I'm starting to run low on prepared backgrounds, and  while I still have some soda water mixed in my large jar, I decided to try some more snow dyeing.  I presoaked 3 pieces and accordion folded them all. I used magenta and a yellow this time with a little bit of blue added here and there. It could be a mess. It'll be a surprise anyway.
 
My friend Wendy recognized me with a Liebster  award on her blog today. According to her research, it comes form a German word meaning favorite, beloved or dearest. It is meant to go to 3 to 5 blogs that you enjoy which have less than 200 followers. I managed to find one, the only other one I knew for sure she already recognized, so I shall have to look a little further into my  favorites. For today, I would like to award my blogging friend Margaret Applin from Scrap Wisdom Collage.

5 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Ooh, can't wait - looking forward to seeing this one! You make me wish for snow (well almost). Ice cubes will have to do!

Gill said...

I love your pretty needlebook!
Congratulations on your Liebster award!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Looking good....I really like the quilting

Sheila said...

The needlecase is just sweet and I would so love to try snowdyeing but don't have a clue how to go about it.

elle said...

Sorry to hear you are stiff. Very clever little sewing kit. You know, you have me thinking. I have SNOW, I have dye stuff and I just bought a dozen yards of white fabric. hmmm?