Tuesday, March 6, 2012

happy tuesday!

I've gotten over my funk from yesterday. I was stuck on my poplar piece. It's a gorgeous day outside, a sheets on the line worthy kind of day! The bad news is my little 14 year old car needed a costly repair, but on the bright side it wasn't major, so we should get a little more time out of it. I'm leaving shortly for my walk and will pick it up on my route.
I finished the quilting on my robin and added the binding this morning. I still need to stitch it down but I couldn't wait to show it. What do you think of the binding? I don't have a lot to choose form here.

This morning I started  a tiny bit of the stitching on the nasturtium just to make my self feel good. I can see where it is going and I like it. I am going to make it into a little sewing kit to give as a gift.

The final thing today is that I've decided to list my chickadee hanging in my  Etsy shop. It took me a bit to decide to part with it; I just listed it.
I'm linking with The Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

They are are gorgeous Holly

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the binding on the robin piece looks good. The print compliments the detail on the robin's wing and the circular motifs in the scene.

elle said...

The binding is perfect. It matches the atmospheric swirls. That'll be a nice gift. ooh, hard to part with that cute chickadee. I really like that background of trees.

rtquilter said...

Lovely, Holly. I particularly love the little nasturtium. Hope to grow some this summer.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely work...love the little chickadee:)

Dolores said...

Love your little birds. We'll be seeing robins for real soon.

greelyrita said...

Your pieces are gorgeous! I'm excited to see the nasturtiums too!!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

It's quite a darling bird portrait. Someone will be very happy to buy it! Beautiful work.