Sunday, February 5, 2012

a bit of machine quilting

As is the case for most Sundays, I didn't have much time in my studio. I got out snowshoeing with Gord this morning and went to visit my mother in law this afternoon. I got home a little after 3PM, so I had just enough time to finish the little bit of machine quilting on this piece. I want to sew a few beads in the center of the purple flowers before I finish the backing. I think I'll put an envelope style backing on it because of the curve.

I've fallen in love with  a new little gadget that a blogging friend sent me. I believe Monika of My Sweet Prairie may have featured them on her blog and I commented on them. They really work well with regular or cotton thread although not with rayon or silk threads which usually break. What a time saver!

1 comment:

elle said...

It is looking good, Holly. Hmm, I'll have to remember these needles.