Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winner, magazines

I've been a little quiet here for a few days. Except for one seriously stormy day on Sunday, it has been nice, so I've been doing a little outdoor work in the yard. On Sunday night as promised, I did the draw for the magazines and they are going to this blogger.
On the weekend, I did some garden clean up in 2 of my small gardens up near the house. Today, I went out again to clean up the hostas and pull out some weeds in the garden at the back corner that I can see from my sewing room window. Another day, I will tackle the ones at the front of the house. Really, I should have done them first but I look out my windows at the back gardens from both my kitchen and my sewing room.
On the weekend, I also went to a quilt show in a little place on the Acadian Peninsula called Inkerman. I'm sure the population is only several hundred, but they sure did a wonderful job at all of the displays. When we arrived, the parking lot was full. People had come from all around. I was reminded twice by my friend to bring my camera and still I didn't get any pictures! If you'd like to see great pictures, go here to my friend Wendy's blog for a wonderful narrative of the show.
Now, I'm going to make a cup of tea and sit down to hand sew the binding onto my seashell piece.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't believe I am just up the road from you and my yard is covered in snow!