Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a very peaceful day

Well, my quilting friends are off to the camp for their retreat and i didn't feel too bad today. The weather cooperated and I had quite a nice day. I made  rhubarb strawberry jam and then went for a bike ride. I met with a porcupine who wouldn't move off the path. I had to follow it for awhile until it finally took a right onto another trail. If I got too close it would raise it's tail. Of course I didn't take my camera.
I had a leisurely lunch on the swing on  my little deck and I did the watercolor of the allium. Then I sat and knitted for the rest of the day. The birds were singing, there was a gentle breeze and I had the sound of the water form my little fountain. It was perfect!

I just got directions to my friend's camp which is about an hours drive from here  with some dirt roads. I believe I'm going to get up early and go up for the day. They're coming home at supper time tomorrow night and always stop at a little take out on the way home. I'll take some hand work and my knitting.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think I saw a porcupine once when I was a little kid on the farm. I don't think I'd want to get too close to one. It sounds like you had the perfect relaxing day!