Thursday, May 26, 2011

sunshine returns

It was a lovely almost cloudless Wednesday yesterday. I had my usual Wednesday morning swim at the spa which was really nice with the blue sky and sun shine shining into the pool. There are windows on 2 sides so it makes it much more cheery when the weather is good.
After my lunch I laid this quilt top out on my table and carefully spray basted it by rolling each section back. I also added a few basting pins. I wanted it to be ready to take to a retreat in a couple of weeks. It'll be a nice project to work on in the company of friends.
 This package of Kona cotton fat quarters came in my mail today. I plan to use some in a baby quilt.
Then I was able to sit on the deck on my swing with my tea and my book for a good rest. Summer is coming!
Today, though, it's forecasting rain, so I've gotten my walk in early this morning. I'm going to meet friends for coffee now and this afternoon I'm going to start prepping my bath tub to paint it. I did it about 15 years ago with excellent results. We just cannot afford to rip all the tile apart in order to change the tub. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: