Sunday, May 1, 2011

Quilt Show

I have a few pictures of quilts from our North Star Quilt Guild show this past Friday and Saturday. The first 2 are done by my friend Charlotte; I think I was attracted by the colors. I love the jelly fish that she designed too.

This one with the  fish was also done by another friend, Anne, who also loves color. She did use a pattern, but she always adds her little personal touches like the dimensional dragonflies. In the fishing flies she used bits of eyelash yarns and at the  bottom of the quilt you might notice a piece of silk as the river bottom.
 I always love a scrappy quilt and I thought this little Scottie dog was cute. I did not make note of the maker's name.
This gardening themed quilt belongs to my friend Paula. It was a tin can exchange quilt that I participated in with 11 other quilters. We each made a block to fit her chosen theme and colors.


I've had a sore throat and head cold for the last few days, so I didn't really help out at the show much. Of course I managed to drag myself in to buy some new fabrics! I purchased some variegated thread and more batiks from the Quilting Bee and More from Charlottetown. They also had these lovely silk batik scarves which I could not resist. One is for me and one is for a gift. I can't decide which one I can part with.

On Friday, I finished paper piecing my close up section of the mill. I am going to sandwich and quilt it next, and I plan to mount it on a larger canvas. I'm thinking of rolling some paint onto it after it's well quilted to bring out the textures, but I will have to experiment on another piece first and work up the nerve.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Thanks for showing us the quilts. I always like to see what other people have done. Your quilt is shaping up well and I look forward to seeing it when it is finished.

Lana C. said...

The gardening quilt is so awesome! Your scarves are gorgeous...don't think I'd be able to part with either one as well.

Lana C.