Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday

I passed up my morning exercise to talk to my daughter via Skype. It's one of those things you just have to do! Then I had to go out. I spent lunch at my friend, Susan's, along with Glenda , Donna and Paula. It was a surprise that she made soup and scones, and we sat afterwords and looked at quilt patterns, chatted and then knit for a bit. I'm working on a top down sweater. I'll show it again once I get started on the bottom which is a zigzag lacy- like pattern.

I had pulled a Deb Strain charm pack from my closet the other  day and today's chat  inspired me to start a baby quilt. It's a good thing to have a couple on hand and they're fun to make. I opted for the block below. I used a print from the collection called Frolic. I don't pay much attention to the names of collections but my friend recognized a few I had and gave me some to go with them. It matches the charm pack perfectly. I always like to do a sample block to see what it's like. I wanted something simple because I don't want to cut up the charm squares; they're all so cute! Also, I had to order some solid colors as the one in the block is all I have. So, I'll have to wait for them. I ordered a fat quarter pack of Kona solids.

Yesterday, I finished the quilting and zigzagged the edge on my mill piece. I have to re-coat the canvas and then tack it on. I felt it should have a raw edge as it is industrial, but I'm not sure I like it. It is going to be tacked with big sewing stitches to the canvas though so maybe it suits. Maybe I'll change my mind and face it.
This week I delegated one sketchbook for zentagles. I feel I need to do more doodling. It's surprising relaxing and meditative.

1 comment:

Cecily said...

Beautiful stuff! Love the doodling!