Wednesday, April 27, 2011

finally finished

Last night , I finally finished stitching down the binding on this quilt. I got to sleep with it last night, but tomorrow it goes to our North Star quilt guild's bi-annual quilt show. I'll have it back on Saturday night.

 While away on the weekend I also bought 2 books, one for quilting, one for knitting. I've read Photo Inspired Art Quilts already. Over all, I found the pictures and step-by-step directions great. I 'll use it, but I think I could have used a few more detailed directions in the section on building more complex art quilts. I haven't yet watched the video that came with it though; perhaps it will add what I need.
This was the view through my bedroom window at sunset last night.

Now, I must go to do an errand. I have one more little art quilt that needs the binding stitched down which I must finish later this afternoon.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your quilt is so pretty and nothing like a show to get them finished.

The sunset is beautiful. I need to start looking west at the right time. There are houses and trees in the way but I bet I'm missing some good ones.

Riel Nason said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks great. Have fun at the show! I am going to the F'ton Quilt show tomorrow just to look around and then on Sunday I'm dropping off some quilts to show in the SJ show next weekend. Yay, quilt show season is here!!!