Thursday, February 24, 2011

sunny but cold

It's a beautiful sparkling sunny day  today, but still chilly. We are still in the midst of winter--expecting more snow tomorrow. I am so jealous when I read all the blogs that  are picturing the beginnings of spring in their areas. It will be some time before I'll be able to see the first shoots of early spring green poking up in my gardens. It will likely be early May. Oh well, on the bright side there is time for lots more snow shoeing! I just have to get my chest cleared out so I can get going again. It's a slow process, but each day is a little better. It's kind of a 2 steps forward, 1 step back kind of process.
I thought it would be fun to show you  the identical view out my back door that I showed before. You  can see the how our snow bank is growing.

I've slowly been adding to my cobblestone blocks. They've grown to 16. I am being quite random with the fabric. I had a jelly roll plus some fat quarters to use and I'm just throwing it all in there. It's pretty wild.

I'm still having to take quite long rest periods in the day and some days I don't do much. I did a sample little bird the day before yesterday, and I'm itching to get back to it. I'm not satisfied with the color choice . I have re-chosen some fabrics but haven't had the time to put them together. Today I may go get a few groceries if I feel up to it and that may be all I'll do.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I do hope you will get to feeling better soon. I thought today was supposed to be a high of +4 but I looked out the window and we got a light dusting of snow in the early morning hours. Hopefully, it will get to 4 and melt some of the ice that is hiding.
I like your cobblestone blocks. It looks like a great pick-me-up in terms of colour.