Tuesday, January 11, 2011

moth day 2

Again this morning I had to go out for an appointment and a couple of errands. Before I left, I roasted some butternut squash, an onion, an apple and 2 garlic cloves in a 425F oven for 40 minutes. I set the timer for 10 minute intervals to stir.  Shortly, I will add vegetable broth, some seasoning and blend it up. It is one of my favorite soups!
 I just spent the last hour or so adding some more thread painting to the moth. It is basically done, but I'm trying to decide it I want to try adding some wire to one side with a zigzag so I can make it dimensional with the wing slightly curled.

Then I ironed the saran off the confetti leaves and cut some up to add to my hanging. I have to decide if I like them or not. This is one reason why I work so slowly. I hit a point where I'm not quite sure which direction I want to take an I have to let it rest. for today, I 'm going to call it quits, go get a snack and maybe do some knitting. Gord and I start back to yoga to-night at 5:45.

You might also notice a blog button on my sidebar for The Sketchbook Challenge . I don't like to take on too much in my already full schedule; however, it really does fit into my goals to spend more time sketching. I am keeping it small though. I did a little sketch around the January theme, Highly Prized, last night in my 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch Moleskine sketchbook. I discovered that the paper in this sketchbook doesn't really take watercolor. I will participate with the odd page if I can. The prescription bottle represents health, the antique nut grinder-- family and connections to the past, and the knitting stands for talents and hobbies.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You might as well add the wire and then if you decide not to bend it, it won't show anyway. The moth is really pretty.

kathy said...

Beautiful moth! And the flowers are interesting...in a good way!