Friday, January 14, 2011

it's friday lunch day

I always save my downtown errands for Friday when I meet some friends for lunch. I'm usually out for a good part of the day so I don't do much sewing.
Yesterday, I had my 2 friends for the last drawing lesson. We did a bit on faces and gestural drawings of people. We did a mix of gestures and timed contour drawings of the face and eyes. I think they really enjoyed it. Isn't this expressive?

Last night, I finished knitting a hat which I wore today and I bought a button to go on the band while I was out today. Also, I bought some fleece to go around the ear section to make it warmer. When I got home, I decided that I would like the band to be a little tighter so I tried to pull out the part where I had stitched it down and I pulled the wrong part and unraveled a section. Now I've got to knit it again. I didn't even get a picture of it finished so I'll have to get one when I really finish it.
Next, I decided to swallow my fear and attach the wire to my moth which was worse after what I did to the hat! Unfortunately the only color of wire that I have is a copper color and it did show up a little, but I went over the whole thing again and it seems pretty good.
 The detail in the picture is not as good as in the last post but you can get the idea. I've just got it pinned onto the top right now until I finish all the thread painting and get it ready to quilt.
Oh and I almost forgot! These fabrics were waiting for me in the mailbox today. They are from Pink Chalk Studio. I ordered them to go with another collection that  I have. I'm very pleased with the quality.

No comments: