Friday, December 10, 2010

valentine's day box

I went and did my weekly swim yesterday, and then I shopped for items on my daughter's list of things she cannot get in Korea. Her Christmas box has been in the mail for almost 2 months. This box that I mailed today will be there, I hope, for Valentine's Day.
On Friday's, I usually do all my errands, including the library and  meet my friends for lunch at our favorite cafe. It was the first really sunny day we've had in a couple of weeks, so when I got home around 2:30, I changed and went of a walk. You can see the sun glowing through the woods along my favorite trail.

I always feed the birds and couldn't resist more pictures.

Last night I decided to have a go at quickly sketching and adding watercolor to this little fellow. He's not quite finished; I need lots more practice, but I'm satisfied for now. It is one of my intentions for the New Year to make more tome for this. I may even start now as I am finished most of  my Christmas gifts.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Your watercolor is outstanding! Just love it...chickadee, right? Great work.

imquilternity said...

I agree! Watercolor is not easy and yours is really wonderful! You're very talented.

Wendy said...

What a great likeness of the photo of your nuthatch. Cute! Love,love, love watercolors.

6ptstar said...

Such a beautiful watercolor!