Tuesday, December 7, 2010

errands, haircut and little stuff

I was up early, ate and tried out my new DVD,  Walk Away the Pounds.
I highly recommend it to use for those times when you can't or don't want to go out. It is simple and easy to follow yet has some variety and gets the heart rate up. I really love to walk the trails but sometimes it's not nice out or I don't have enough time. with blood sugar issues I'm supposed to do something each day, preferably morning.
I had a hair appointment at 11, so I did some errands first, had a quick sandwich at the bookstore/cafe, and then came home. I spent a half hour trimming a few more blocks for the orange zigzag quilt, hemming pants, ironing, and then I made these chicken tarts.

The recipe called for 1 pound of ground chicken, 1/4 cup onion, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt and thyme. It called for 1 egg beater. When I checked that  out at the grocery store of course it comes in different sizes, so I just used a couple of eggs. I also added chopped celery, and peppers. I just want something a little different in the house for my one son who is not vegetarian. When I cook a vegetarian meal for the rest of us, I'll be able to pull a few of these out to go with it for him.
Now, I'm going to get a bath to wash away the itchy hairs left from the haircut. I hate that! And, then I'm going out for our quilt guild Christmas dinner.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I too have Leslie Sansone's tape and DVD. It is a good one to have. I'm off to finish an assignment and then I am done and I can sew, clean, bake, sew, - oh yeah, those Christmas cards have to go out too. I need to make another list.