Thursday, December 2, 2010

2 1/2 hour floor!

 It was so worth it to pay someone to put my floor in. Two young men arrived at around 8 am this morning and were done by 10:30.

I spent the time while they were cutting and banging making my soup and some rhubarb loaf for my friend. As I mentioned yesterday, I made my version of an Italian meatball soup with homemade low fat tomato basil pork sausage which I opened, scraped the meat out of, and finally, sauteed it with onions, and celery. Then I added a can of diced tomatoes, tomato juice and chopped bok choy. It was delicious.

After lunch, I went to visit my very creative friend, Nicole. We had tea and we sampled a slice of the rhubarb bread. We got to chatting about our favorite blogs and were browsing some magazines when before you know it, the table was covered in old books, punches and papers. We can sure make a mess in no time! She had just cleaned house too. Our inspiration started here.
To-night, once I  got my room put back together, I just had to try sewing one together. It will be a cute topper for a gift.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your floor looks great! I know you will love it.

Wendy said...

flowers are sweet! What a lovely embellishment for a gift! Thanks again for the soup and the loaf. It was so yummy! Very thoughtful of you.