Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

My youngest son came home but spent part of the weekend at his girlfriend's place. My eldest son and his partner were planning to come and had to cancel because he was on call. Since my daughter is in Korea, we had a pretty quiet weekend. I cooked a chicken yesterday for my husband and I.
Shortly, we're going to brunch with my son and his girlfriend before they leave. I'm hoping to get out to enjoy the fall colors on a walk this afternoon.
This is a scarf that I started Friday night. The yarn is Misti Alpaca--cotton and part silk; I can wear wool socks and mitts but can't wear it near my neck. I bought the yarn when I was in Nova Scotia last summer. It feels so lovely to knit,  I may have to call and order some more. I can see I didn't do it justice when I took the picture last night. The turquoises and greens are brighter than it shows.

I've been working in snippets of time putting the finishing touches on the 2 elephants. Here is 1 pictured surrounded by my scrappy blocks. I quite like all the color.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. My husband and I are having a super quiet day. Not even a turkey roll this year since there isn't anyone around. They are all with friends. Less stress but perhaps too quiet. At least we are getting things done around the house.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the little squares with the elephant block!

Wendy said...

Oh Holly I agree. These little colorful squares look so much better with the elephant block than the house ones. More balanced and they have a happy, circus feel to them. Very suitable!